Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) Latin America is recruiting for a Research Associate to support the centre’s work related to the bioeconomy in pursuit of a more sustainable future for human communities and natural ecosystems, contributing to the management and implementation of research, policy engagement and capacity development activities.
21 September 2022.
Fixed-term employment, full time, in Bogotá, Colombia.
- Conduct market studies and analysis for bioproducts and services derived from agricultural commodities and/or natural biodiversity and propose competitive strategies to improve economic, social and environmental performance.
- Generate sustainable business plans for bioproducts or bioresources within the bioeconomy.
- Conduct value chain and value web analysis to identify opportunities for improved sustainability and competitiveness related to bioproducts or bioresources within the bioeconomy. Provide recommendations to businesses, trade associations and allied institutions to realize these opportunities.
- Evaluate impacts and performance on income and employment generation for bioeconomy plans, programs, projects and businesses.
- Prepare written material to disseminate project results, including reports, scientific publications, guides, manuals and presentations.
- Supervise the work of technical staff and external consultants related to project activities.
- Support fundraising and the development of new proposals relevant to the bioeconomy line of research.
- Promote collaboration with other research lines within SEI Latin America through joint work and proposal development.
Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) is an independent international research institute founded in 1989. Its mission is to support decision-making and induce change towards sustainable development around the world by providing integrative knowledge that bridges science and policy in the field of environment and development. SEI ranked second among the most influential environment think tanks in the world in the 2020 Global Go To Think Tank Report compiled by the University of Pennsylvania’s Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program.
SEI has around 300 employees working at research centres in seven countries around the world. SEI’s headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, with other centres in Estonia (SEI Tallinn), Kenya (SEI Africa), Thailand (SEI Asia), the UK (SEI Oxford and SEI York) and the US (SEI US).