SweDev abides by the Global Data Protection Regulation
Information will be requested from you when you subscribe to receive one of our newsletters, join as a member, or sign up to attend any SweDev events.
You profile is a public page. Creating a profile on SweDev will allow visitors to the site to view the information you submit. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable SweDev and its service providers to deliver the services you select. We may collect the following information:
- Name, organisation and job title;
- Contact information, including email address, telephone number and LinkedIn information;
- Research publications, research areas and research region;
- Preferences and interests;
- Past job experiences;
- Other information relevant to user surveys.
SweDev will use your personal information to:
- Periodically send you email announcements about new reports, activities or other information you may find interesting;
- Contact you for service administration purposes (for instance, if you have forgotten your password);
- Invite you to participate in or contribute to specific projects being undertaken by SweDev members (participation is always voluntary);
- You will have the option to unsubscribe from SweDev’s mailing lists if you wish, and you may opt to receive mailings from only one list.
Be aware that SweDev’s website contains links to other websites of interest operated by third parties. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we recommend that you review them as they will govern the use of personal information you submit whilst visiting these websites.
We do not accept any liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or disclosure is required by law. In some instances, however, SweDev may use third parties to process your information (for example to send a newsletter).
On these occasions, we will require that these third parties comply strictly with our policy and will prohibit the use of your personal information for their own business purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
While we strive to keep the information that you supply secure, because of the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that your information will remain 100% secure at all times.
The personal information you provide will be kept on our database for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
If you delete your account or request to be removed from a particular mailing list, this request will be processed within a reasonable time-frame and all private data held will be securely deleted from our system.
SweDev reserves the right to amend this policy by updating this page. For this reason, you may want to check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from March 2021.
If you have any comments or questions about SweDev storing your information please email with the title GDPR.