Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) is recruiting for a Research Fellow – EU policy engagement, geopolitics and Agenda 2030 with a passion for policy in the context of environment, climate change, geopolitics, Agenda 2030 and sustainability transitions. There may be more than one vacancy available as we will also consider applications from suitably qualified Senior Fellow candidates.
23 November 2022.
Full-time, permanent position in Stockholm, Sweden. The starting date is as soon as possible.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Lead SEI’s engagement with the Swedish Government on EU-related policy issues and their implementation in Sweden and other EU member states
- Convene researchers and practitioners on critical issues for EU policy, drawing from the diverse portfolio of SEI projects and initiatives
- Lead development of a conference programme, engaging with partners, funders and speakers, and provide guidance to communications officers and event coordinators
- Conduct research and provide expert advice on EU policy and relevant multilateral processes
- Conduct research and analysis on strategic foresight and emerging technologies, develop and calibrate tools related to Sustainable Development Goals and lead data collection
- Lead production of research syntheses, including report and paper writing
- Facilitate scenario workshops and stakeholder engagement
- Represent SEI as a spokesperson in public debates on areas of research and policy expertise
- Contribute to the development, fundraising and delivery of the Global Goals and System team’s project portfolio of research and engagement work
- Manage projects in line with SEI’s project model with colleagues at SEI and other partner organizations
- Engage in relevant policy networks within Sweden, Europe and internationally, including with both private and public actors.
Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) is an international research and policy organization that tackles environment and development challenges. We connect science and decision-making to develop solutions for a sustainable future for all. Across our eight centres in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas, we engage with policy processes, development action and business practice throughout the world.