Sustainability Frontiers Conference
Date: February 14, 2022 - February 15, 2022
Amid the growing focus on sustainability and Agenda 2030, and on the pathway toward Stockholm+50, two leading Swedish centres, Lund University Centre for Sustainability Studies (LUCSUS) and Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) will co-host an online conference for the sustainability community, on the frontiers of sustainability science.
The online conference is structured over two days (14-15 February 2022) with international keynote panel speakers, moderated discussions, breakout groups and discussion sessions.
The conference will focus on five emerging topics for sustainability science and include an environmental justice/equity and governance perspective throughout all sessions. It will also be an opportunity to gather together research networks around new topics.
- Decolonising: How to develop sustainability science with a decolonising approach
- Resistance and social movements: How do resistance and social movements contribute towards action for/on sustainability?
- Degrowth: How does degrowth, post-growth and an agnostic approach on growth feature in sustainability?
- Digitalisation and sustainability transitions: How does digitalisation, disruptive technologies and AI contribute to sustainability science?
- Inner transformation and future imaginaries: How are inner transformations, imaginaries and futures providing opportunity for new insights and transformations, including the role of arts?
Final Session: Frontiers of sustainability science
All sessions will be open to unlimited people but participants will be required to sign up for the thematic breakout sessions. The conference has no fees, but registration is required.