Fix the food conference
Date: September 24, 2021
How can food lay the foundation for peace? And how can peaceful societies build sustainable food systems? Join Nobel Peace Prize laureates, decision makers and peace practitioners in the discussion at the Nobel Peace Center’s annual peace conference, live streamed from Oslo to audiences across the world.
When the World Food Programme was announced as the Nobel Peace Prize laureate in October last year, the link between food and peace was put on the international agenda. Almost a year later, this timely event will assess the situation and discuss directions for moving forward to reach the goal of ending hunger and providing food security for all.
Speakers (amongst others)
- David Beasley, Executive Director, UN World Food Programme
- Johan Rockström, Director and Researcher, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research & Stockholm Resilience Center
- Dag-Inge Ulstein, Minister of International Development, Norway
- Tawakkol Karman, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate 2011
- Jose Ramos-Horta, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate 1996
- Juan Manuel Santos, Former President of Colombia
- Dan Smith, Director, Stockholm International Peace Research Institute