FAO Science and Innovation Forum
Date: October 17, 2022 - October 21, 2022
The FAO Science and Innovation Forum 2022 will focus on highlighting the centrality of science, technology and innovation for agrifood systems transformation. The event will encourage a diversity of perspectives based on science, thereby facilitating rationalization and inclusiveness of debate.
The FAO Science and Innovation Forum will be organized together with the World Food Forum (WFF) and the FAO Hand-in-Hand Investment Forum.
The objectives are to:
- Explore scientific and technological advances and associated risks and opportunities;
- Share science- and evidence-based options for more efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems;
- Analyze options for strengthening science and evidence-based decision-making;
- Assist countries in making informed decisions regarding the co-creation, adaptation and adoption of appropriate and context-specific technologies and innovations;
- Promote effective science communication, including by engaging on contentious issues.
- Scientific and technological advances explored;
- Options for science and evidence-based decision-making analyzed;
- Options for more efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems shared;
- Countries supported in making informed decisions;
- Effective science communication promoted.
On site in Rome, Italy or online.