Evaluation of the long-term development cooperation between Liberia and Sweden, 2003–2021.
The Expert Group on Aid Studies (EBA) hereby invites proposals for an evaluation of the long-term development cooperation between Liberia and Sweden 2003–2021, within the areas of (i) conflict, peace and security; (ii) democracy and human rights; (iii) inclusive economic development.
The aim of this evaluation is twofold:
1. To gain an in-depth understanding of the relevance, coherence and long-term results of Swedish development cooperation with Liberia (2003–2021) within the areas of (i) conflict, peace, and security; (ii) democracy and human rights, and (iii) inclusive economic development.
2. To generate lessons to inform future Swedish development cooperation with Liberia as well as with other partner countries.
Who is this evaluation for? Target group(s)
The main target group of this evaluation is the staff responsible for Swedish development cooperation at the Swedish Embassy in Monrovia, at the Swedish MFA and at Sida’s Department for Africa as well as in Liberian state authorities and agencies. A particularly important target group is those responsible for the renewal, implementation, and monitoring of the Swedish strategy for Liberia.
Secondary target groups include people with an interest in Liberia or development cooperation in general, Swedish media and the general public in Sweden and Liberia.
Procurement, assessment and deadline
The procedure will be a restricted procedure in two stages.7 At both stages, tenderers are expected to disclose potential conflicts of interest pertaining to members in the evaluation team, as this may be a ground for exclusion of a proposal. All suppliers have the right to apply to submit tenders (expression of interest). EBA will invite five (5) suppliers to submit tenders.
The application shall contain:
- CV of the team leader/principal investigator
- A list of the team leader/principal investigator’s most relevant publications (at most 10 studies from the last 10 years are to be listed)
- Preliminary team (if more than one author. Described using at most 300 words.)
- Three full sample studies conducted by members of the proposed team. At least one shall have been authored by the team leader/principal investigator. Note that the studies should be sent in as files, not as links in a document.
- A short account for how, according to the authors, respective study has contributed to new, reliable, knowledge of relevance for this evaluation (at most 300 words, i.e. 100 words per study).
The maximum cost for this evaluation is SEK 2 200 000 excl. VAT. The budget shall be denominated in SEK. The budget shall enable three to four meetings with the study’s reference group (to be appointed by EBA), a workshop in Stockholm and participation at the launching event. The reference group will meet in Stockholm, but one or two meetings may be conducted by video link.
Please note that expressions of interest for submitting tenders shall be registered at the tender portal Kommers Annons eLite, no later than 9 May 2022.
EBA is a government committee mandated to evaluate and analyse the direction, governance and implementation of Sweden’s official development assistance with a specific focus on results and effectiveness. The expert group has ten members with competencies from different development areas (development, climate, health, sustainability, evaluation issues, etc.). An office with eight employees executes the decisions.
EBA studies overarching issues, not individual projects. We publish studies of various kinds and arrange seminars and targeted meetings. The target groups for the dissemination of knowledge are the government, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Sida, as well as researchers, civil society organizations and other actors in development assistance.