SweDev and SEI are looking for an intern to join our secretariat in the spring semester of 2022.
Are you passionate about development issues? Do you want to gain experience in bridging development research to policy? SweDev is looking for a full-time intern to our office at the Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) for the spring of 2022. The internship is done in collaboration with the Swedish Development Forum (FUF) and their internship programme, all applications should be done through FUF.
We are looking for an intern that has a great interest in development issues, and who is motivated and driven by outreach activities and web-based communications. You should also be fluent and comfortable in Swedish and English.
The tasks include:
- Maintain and expand SweDev’s online presence by creating content, articles, blog posts, and editing and updating SweDev’s website
- Participate in communications and advocacy work
- Support tasks within SweDev’s education group and PhD-research group
- Monitor trends and issues relevant to SweDev and identify opportunities for SweDev to influence the public debate on development issues
- Support with administrative tasks in SweDev’s secretariat
- Participate in the work and coordination of the newly started Development and Aid Policy team at SEI
- Any other tasks required
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Is conducting a Master’s degree in a relevant field, for example in social sciences, development studies or communications
- Has experience in online communications and preferably experience of working with WordPress
- Is fluent in Swedish and English in both writing and speaking